If you missed our Lunch and Learn IG Live Series with Certified Trichologist @Crystalknowsbeauty where she taught us all about Hot Oil Treatments we’ve got you covered…
Items you will need:
- Grab your favorite Africa’s Best Oil (sold at your local Dollar General, Walmart, and Family Dollar)
- A plastic bottle with yorker cap
- Glass of warm water
- Plastic cap
- Towel or hooded dryer
- Spray bottle
Steps to a successful hot oil treatment:
- Dampen hair from roots to end with water.
- Pour oil into a yorker cap bottle.
- Place the bottle of oil into your glass of water to warm oil for 5 – 10 minutes (Be sure that water is warm, and not boiling or scolding hot)
- Evenly distribute and gently massage oil into your scalp and throughout the length of your hair
- Section hair into twists or braids, and secure into place under plastic cap
- Wrap hair with a warm towel or sit under a hooded dryer for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly rinse excess oil from hair before styling.
- Hot oil treatments work better on clean hair vs. old hair.
- Warm oil helps the cuticle layer of the hair strands to expand and help nutrients penetrate under the cuticle layer.
- Carrier Oils like Coconut Oil work by penetrating through the hair shaft and moisturizing hair quickly vs Essential Oils like Tea Tree Oil, which are more nutrient-rich and focus on strengthening strands.
Check out this video of our Herbal Oil in action: